Thursday, September 3, 2015

Kate Davis: Photographer, Author, Educator, and Artist

I had the opportunity and good fortune to meet Kate Davis this summer while I was working as a summer intern for Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks.  This wasn't the first time I had met her though.  She came to my school when I was younger and gave a talk about raptors.  To this day it is still probably the best assembly I went to in school.  She founded the non-profit educational organization Raptors of the Rockies in 1988, and keeps 18 non-releasable and falconry birds at the facility at her house on the banks of the Bitterroot River. She is the author of five books and was recently a speaker at a TEDx talk in Missoula.  Some examples of her work can be found on her web page by following the link I provided and you can view her TEDx talk below.

http://www.raptorsoftherockies.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment